In any shop, the Kiosk is a key tool to automate the management. It is essential for walk-in or queue based shops.
- Self check-in
- Queue order display
- Call client by name and finish service
- Build your customer database
The kiosk will manage your shop automatically. The setup and operation of the shop is flexible to allow for any variation or size of shop. The kiosk comes in two versions.
- Web Kiosk App (From SLIKR Shop Manager)
- Android Kiosk App (SLIKR Shop Kiosk)
We recommend the check-in run from a tablet device with our “Kiosk Apps”. On a tablet device the screen stays active for clients.
- Single Kiosk For smaller shops SLIKR is designed so a single shop can operate from one kiosk or tablet.
- Multiple tablets can be running for check-in to cover busy shops or multiple entry points, they all connect back for the same queue.
- Additional tablets or PC’s screens can be used in busy shops for staff to run Queue Manager and POS Checkout.
Login to SLIKR as a Shop Owner or Manager
- Select menu
- Select Kiosk
- Kiosk screen will display
- Confirm the wait time is correct
Menu for Kiosk
Kiosk - Queue Screen
The queue screen is the main screen for the Kiosk. It will show the queue but also works as an automation tool with key information and actions easily accessible to staff.
- Clients will be greeted and select the check-in button
Kiosk - Select Services
Clients will be provided with a list of services setup by the shop.
- Select the service
- Staff default = "Any". Client can select a preferred staff
NOTE: Family bookings can select a number with the + / - button to include multiple children on the same booking. These are allocated to different staff but grouped for booking, payment and cancelling.
Kiosk - Client Details
The Kiosk is a great way to build your customer database by allowing the client to enter their mobile/cell number and name.
NOTE: We do not force clients to enter personal information. Contact details are optional and THE client only needs to enter a first name and an initial for the last name. So if there are two "Joe's" on the queue we know which one.
The benefits of entering client details are
- Fast check-in next time. We search and display their name
- Live tracking link via SMS so they do not need to wait in the shop.
Client details - mobile / cell already exists
Managing the change impact
Managed correctly the Kiosk can be a huge automation asset for your business. It is important to clearly explain the benefits of the system and Kiosk to clients.
Without explaining to client their benefits from the the Kiosk, stores will encounter more resistance. Any business improvement or change will get a portion of clients resistant to change and it is important we recognise this from the start.
The same applies to staff. They will see it as an extra task they need to do, some will not like the reporting and tracking. It is important for the owner or manager to clearly explain the benefits to the shop and why it is time to improve.
Review our blogs and articles for helpful advice on managing your clients and staff.